My journey continued…

After all the migraines…my balance being unsteady…the falling…the muscle spasms. I even had an incident on 10/27/2010. I was attending my 1st Raven’s football game and during one of the field goal kicks my vision went out in both eyes and I had seizure activity. To no avail I am admitted in the hospital and the doctors still aren’t sure what the issue is. Seven years later after the original symptoms, on 6/29/2011 I was officially diagnosed with MS. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

     It seems ever since I’ve turned 40(I’m 43 now)I have been having serious health issues. In 2011 I was diagnosed with MS. It has literally disrupted my life as I knew it. I had my 1st symptoms 7 years prior to my diagnosis. It took changing doctors and my symptoms worsening to get the ball rolling for treatment.
     I suffer with pain all the time. Numbness in tingling in my arms, hands, legs and feet. No feeling in my the left foot. My balance is off. I fall down on occasion. I have trouble climbing stairs and trouble standing from a chair or the toilet. I have severe migraines. I get confused and lost in familiar places. I have trouble speaking at times and trouble finding words when having a conversation. My vision is blurry because of optic neuritis. I have lost my peripheral vision and the sensation to feel when someone is behind me. At times I will lose sensation when I sit and I get vaginal numbness.(tearing)
     Ever since my diagnosis there has been one thing after another. In May 2012 on Mother’s Day my gift was an emergency appendectomy. Not to long after the surgery I went into a relapse which eventually landed me on a psychiatric ward for major depression with anxiety/stress. This ordeal was from May -August 2012. Having surgery puts tremendous stress on your body. Surgery coupled with a chronic illness wreaks havoc on the psyche and the body.
     The next major event was in October 2012. The weekend of Super Storm Sandy. I began having chest, shoulder & arm pain. I thought I was having a heart attack. I went to the ER. {Side-Note}(this is when I first noticed my heart rate being elevated but I thought it was because of the pain I was in)I’ll get back to that. After an ultrasound and a CAT Scan the final answer was my gallbladder being full of gallstones. So, woe is me I have cholecystitis(inflammation of the gallbladder) and I am headed for a cholecystectomy(removal of my gallbladder).
     Of course after this surgery I head right into another relapse that last until February 2013. Hold that thought I’m crying now and need to pull myself together.


2 comments on “My journey continued…

  1. I’m so sorry to read such a painful journey. I can’t quite believe everything you have gone through . Its so sad, your one hell of a fighter. It makes me angry on how difficult it was for you to eventually get diagnosed with MS.

  2. Thankyou, even after the results of my spinal tap showing markers for an autoimmune disease the doctor still didn’t want to diagnose me because the diagnosis would commit me to the medication for the rest of my life.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: